Friday, July 1, 2011

Park It


Another day with decent weather and nothing much to do...

Park!

Actually, QUACK!


We went down the hill to the same pond as before (in this post here) and fed the ducks.

But this time, as you can see, I had a sweet ride.  
This actually belonged to my cousin Julie when she was younger, and since she no longer uses it, I get to use it.  I'm not certain whether or not Petr ever uses it, but I've never seen him on it. 


So, I was there with my mom and babi feeding the ducks. 





What were we feeding the ducks?




Quackers, of course!





After mom and I finished feeding the ducks we went for a walk before joining dad in the park behind the house.



Can you tell that my babi's not a big fan of being in pictures?
Can't go over it.
Don't want to go around it.
May as well go under since I'm small enough to fit.

When we got to the park dad was armed with a soccer ball.  But they don't call it soccer here.  They call it fotbal.  And they don't play football here.  But I'm becoming pretty good at handling the ball.  I mean, I can walk, I can run, and I can kick. 

Forget "Bend it like Beckham," it's time to "Kick it like Kuba."


I think I did pretty well.  Dad never called "hands" when I picked up the ball and ran away with it to keep him from getting it.  

Like all good dads, my dad wasn't giving me a free ride either.  He was making me play for real... 

Until mom scolded him and told him to give me the ball. 
But I thought I was doing a good job tracking.  Dad was even passing me the ball and I was picking it up on the dribble!

Dad was a good sport when I played keep- away again and didn't even call, "Out of bounds."

To help make the game more fair, Dad armed me with my Buchlov sword (read how I obtained it here).  Dad called it Murder Ball, and it was!  Unfortunately, no photos of Murder Ball survived the brief, premier game.

So, instead, Dad taught me how to use the sword.


This poor tree never even saw it coming.  



I unleashed my full- throttle- fury!  



I showed that shrub who was boss!  



I... I...  
I just stabbed the tree a lot.

Then I stabbed Dad.

But dad was still a good sport, despite being stabbed.  And despite my hitting him in the knees with the sword for real.  And despite my throwing the sword thus causing all the adults to duck and cover.  

Like I said, dad was a good sport.  He even showed me his favorite thing to do when he was a kid.

Thunder.  Thunder.  ThunderCats, HO!

I guess I could also be saying, 



Mom thought it'd be neat to act like I was pulling the sword up, out of the ground á la the Sword in the Stone.  But so far as I know, King Arthur never utter a cool catch-phrase after lifting the sword out of the stone.  








I even managed to scale the playground equipment and taunt everyone with my sword and Chaim Weitz impersonation. 







After being coaxed down from my "castle" and turning over my sword I hooked-up with my cousins Petr and Julie.  

Pretty soon Petr and I left Julie in our dust and tore-it-up!




 
After awhile it was time to call it quits.  Tomorrow would be another day full of adventure.  Of excitement. Of living life to its fullest.  Of "Kicking it like Kuba."


No comments:

Post a Comment