Sometimes not a lot happens here. It's true. I know you look at this blog and hear my parents tell stories about their trips, but sometimes, well sometimes there just isn't anything to do, especially now while my cousins are out of town on vacation for a week.
My dad tries to keep it positive. At least here in town there is an indoor pool and outdoor pool. The fact that we have an indoor pool to use when the weather isn't the best is great. The outdoor pool hasn't even been used yet, and unless it warms up, we may not get a chance to use it.
There are many, many parks here in town. Rotating through different ones always keeps them fresh and new and exciting. But again, they can only be used on nice days.
We're only thirty minutes away from two big cities and all they have to offer too. One city is Zlín. That's where Galaxie is and three malls.
Well, yesterday, July 3, was a cool, wet, rainy day. It never even reached sixty degrees!
It turns out -
I like soup!
I learned this fact two or three days ago.
You see, I never eat what's put in front of me on my plate. I'm always more interested in eating what's on your plate.
It just so happens that I was curious about mom's soup the other day - and ate it all!
So, now I get my own soup.
Now, I can't remember what was for lunch, but I do remember it being good. I know it was good because, despite what I just said, I did actually eat my very own lunch. If I remember correctly... I think I may have even asked for more that day.
Anyway... last year I did a lot of the same stuff when it came to eating. I always wanted to eat what my parents had. Last year my dad was eating a pickle (they're really super strong and sour here; that means they're fantasic!), and I wanted that pickle.
My mom and babi suggested giving me the pickle (score!) and that maybe I wouldn't like it and stop trying to get it.
Well... They were wrong!
Now most of my meals include at least two whole pickles. The other day I started eating them shortly after breakfast and by the end of lunch had eaten almost a quarter of a jar!
So, it should come as no surprise that I enjoyed pickles on a rainy Sunday.
You might be wondering where my pants are. It turns out, I'm learning how to use the potty. I'm not even wearing a diaper here! I'm wearing Thomas big-boy underwear.
And, for those of you who are curious about this stuff, so far all I've learned is to tell my parents that I've gone to the bathroom in my diaper. I have been successful quite a few times, but more often than not, I just let them know after the fact.
Getting all that pickle juice in me made me hyper. Here's my Risky Business impersonation:
After getting loaded on pickles my parents thought that maybe we could go to Galaxie Zlín again.
First we had to find money...
...then we left for Zlin.
I fell asleep in the car ride, so rather than going there right away, we stopped at a nearby shopping mall. We didn't spend too much time there and I ended up getting a new, super-soft pillow with a scene from one of my favorite bedtime stories.
Then we went to Galaxie Zlín. Unfortunately because the weather was so bad that day, the place was packed! My parents decided that it might be best to not go, so instead we went to another mall.
At first I couldn't understand why we weren't going there. That was the whole entire purpose for our trip. But soon I didn't mind going to another mall.
There was even a small playground for me!
...and played in the tunnels.
I even got a krtek umbrella to keep me dry from the rain.
Who says rainy days aren't good days? Too bad I didn't have my galoshes on. I saw some sweet puddles calling my name. Maybe next time...


No comments:
Post a Comment