| Federer? More like, Feder-were. |
Everyone knows my mommy was a phenomenal tennis player. She played professionally in Europe and and toured in Florida, Mexico, and Japan before ever going to university.
While in college she won the Big XII (twice) and the NCAA in doubles. She even took time off of the beginning of her final school year to represent her country in a tournament in China.
So, it would make sense that she would take some time for herself to enjoy a friendly game of mixed doubles including her brother Petr, and their old tennis playmates (brothers) Tomaš and Ondřej.
While in college she won the Big XII (twice) and the NCAA in doubles. She even took time off of the beginning of her final school year to represent her country in a tournament in China.
So, it would make sense that she would take some time for herself to enjoy a friendly game of mixed doubles including her brother Petr, and their old tennis playmates (brothers) Tomaš and Ondřej.
I cheered from the sidelines with my cousins.
I eventually decided to try this tennis game on my own.
After all, I am my mother's son.
My cousins and I grabbed our rackets and a few spare tennis balls and moved over to the wall to warm-up.
Yep. I'm a natural.
I made sure to practice all my ground strokes, including my one-handed backhand.
I worked on my slice.
After my warm-up, it was game time.
I walked onto the clay and it felt like home.
I selected my side of the net.
| It. Was. OUT! |
Now it was Mom's turn to cheer for me.
My cousin Petr and I dominated the net with lethal volleys and a carefree use of hands.
But I had to stop so my mom could provide Julie with some lessons.
Even I helped out with some tips:
"Follow through, bend your knees, and quit breaking your wrist!"
Even Babi was willing to get in on the action.
You can't leave until you clean the court.
Losers sweep.
Now get to draggin'!
And, for those of you who were curious as to how the match at the beginning turned out, Mom and Tomaš beat Strýc Petr and Odřej in the third set tie-break.
No comments:
Post a Comment