Sunday, July 3, 2011

Puppypalooza


I just got back from visiting some more family in Frýdek-Místek.  I got to play with Teta (Aunt) Lenka, Strejda (Uncle) Olda, and my sestrenice (cousins) Verča and Vendy.

But, most importantly, I got to play with their puppies!  

The puppies are only 8 weeks old and they're already so much fun!

Here I am with Vendy (14).  She was really patient with me all weekend long.  I didn't see Verča too much during my trip.  
Like all sixteen-year-old girls she was too busy with other things than playing with a baby like me.  
You also won't see any pictures of her here, because, like all good sixteen-year-olds, she very good at avoiding cameras.  My parents tell me that she's always been like that even before she became a teenager.  You also won't see any pictures of her dad either.  It's not because he doesn't like being photographed, he was just busy manning the grill for dinner. 
 
Anyway, look at how good this puppy is!  

It didn't even want my bread!


Really, there isn't more to say about my trip to Frýdek.  I didn't even bother to bring toys!  We were just there for a short weekend trip, and I didn't even pack my Thomas!  My parents figured I would have so much fun playing with the dogs that I wouldn't need anything else to entertain me.  And they were right!  

 

 
 
It was actually pretty cold there.  

Teta Lenka and Babi Jitka had to bundle the dogs in their jackets to keep them from shivering! 

Can you believe it's the end of June in these photos?  

We've been here for four whole weeks now and we've been pretty fortunate with weather.  

It hasn't even reached 80 yet!  

Of course, the downside to that is no outdoor pool yet. 







Even dad thought they were adorable!





















When I wasn't playing with the dogs (which wasn't very often), I had fun playing at their new home.  It's got a big yard and plenty of land all around it.  Don't be fooled by these photos though, Frýdek is a much larger city than Uherský Brod.  Their new home just happens to be a little bit out of the city.  There's still plenty to do within walking distance.









I played a lot of soccer in the yard.
It's becoming my new favorite activity.



I even did some gardening and ate fresh fruits right off the vine.













And, when I wasn't outside playing, I got to relax inside...
 

...with puppies!





I did such a good job with the dogs that we're even going to go back for an entire week just to house-sit and take care of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment