Monday, June 20, 2011

Coffee Break

My dad has a routine here. Every morning he wakes up and goes to town for coffee.  

His favorite place is Kaunic, But they also double as a bar in the evenings, so they weren't open yet.  This is his favorite kavárana (coffee shop).  

 

He likes it more than the new place that is just behind it, Cafe Club, which is fairly new.  It has decent coffee, but nowhere near as good as Kaunic.  It just has a trendy feel to it where you can sit and read.  As a matter of fact, they even have magazines in English!  From 1995!
 
But, because today was Sunday and a lot of these places don't open until the afternoon, my dad took me to the cukrárna, Orange Cafe, which has ice cream and candy and cakes and pastries.  They also have coffee.   He prefers their iced coffee (which is coffee and ice cream topped with whipped cream), but the weather was cool so he had a nice latte instead.
 
I enjoy coming here with him because I get to have snacks!


My favorite snack is called an ovocný košiček, or zákusek.  It's a little fruit cake and when my mom gets one I always eat hers!
After my dad finishes his coffee, I finish up with a sucker and we head on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment