Ostrava is one of the Czech Republic's largest cities and is located near Frýdek-Místek.
They also have a zoo, Zoo Ostrava.
We started with the ducks.
Then made our way across a small bridge over a pond of those large, pretty goldfish.
A lot of the time spent at the zoo was similar to our experience at Zlín: My parents holding me and pointing to animals in their habitats.
The zoo had some pretty neat woodwork to crawl in throughout the zoo.
| Kuba BEAR-man |
"No, my name's Kuba, not Joey."
A fun, new experience for me was the feeding zoo. At first I was a little scared of the goats -there were so many of them- but then I found one that was just my size.
Even though I had been to the petting zoo in the OKC Zoo, I didn't feed the animals there.
I also really didn't pet any of the animals there either.
This guy figured out how to by-pass all the humans and just eat the pellets directly out of the feeder.
| "Hey! Look over there!" |
This was just one of the playgrounds the zoo had for kids like me.
There are even guinnea pigs nearby for you to pet.
"Roar kitty!"
I saw some monkeys...
...and acted like one too!
But the hippos had to be my favorite animals.
I just stared at them in awe. I would even clap for them when they came back to the surface from the water.
There was a daddy, a mommy, and a baby - just like my family.
Unlike my family, the hippos ate loaves of bread - whole.
This is Calvin.
Calvin speaks English.
Then he was told to sit down and lift his trunk, and he did that too!
And it was all in English.
Calvin was rewarded for his good work with a baguette.
I don't know what it is with these animals and their bread.
| There was even a baby elephant at the zoo! I wanted to make sure that it was comfortable, so I took my dudlík (pacifier) out of my mouth and threw it into the habitat. Seriously. |
Since I had already thrown my dudlík to the elephant, I had nothing to share with the tiger cubs.
| The moose out front should have told you- |
that when naptime comes it will be time to go home. It was good timing too because it had started to rain. With a brief stop by the gift shop to pick up a stuffed hippo for yours truly, we were then on our way back to Frýdek.
And, just like Zlín, I slept all the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment