Monday, August 8, 2011

The Koobs turns Two 2: The Spoiling Continues

As you know, I celebrated my birthday last week in Brod with my cousins and babi (The Koobs turns Two), but my actual birthday is August 6.
I spent my real birthday with my parents...
...and this sweet train table Dad stayed awake to assemble for me. And he went to Lowe's for it too (there were missing pieces).
He was also tired because of the jet-lag and my waking up really early (I still haven't completely adjusted to the time change).

It has detailed pieces that help add to the realism of the train table and enhance my playtime  and creativity with the toy.
Just kidding.  It's stuff to throw into the built-in drawer.
Can you believe that this has been sitting in the garage since December when I got it for Christmas and Hannukkah?  


I bet my Uncle George is jealous of me right now.




The table was the very first thing I saw when I woke up before five in the morning.


I was so excited and shocked, I thought for certain I must be dreaming.




But I was really awake!


It was a real train table!


And it was really mine!




I got to explore all its noises and lights, as well as the new trains to my collection.


It even works with all my Thomases!






But I couldn't forget about the balloons!
But as much as I enjoy balloons, I just had to clear them away to make room for me to play with trains!









After playing with the trains I decided it was time for balloons again.


This time, however, I wanted to blow them up.

Then bat them around and chase them.










Since I was so active, and since it was still fairly cool because it was only seven, we took off to the park to play.






I started with the rings.








Then moved to the slide.






I even found a slide big enough for dad!  
You may like the look of my face here in this photo, but I really like Dad's face. He's panicking because he was supposed to be holding me and I started to fall faster than he anticipated.  That's why I look so excited and Dad looks nervous.




We did the slide a few more times and then I was off to explore more parts of the playground equipment.







There were even more rings to use as monkey bars while Dad hoisted me up.






There was even a rock wall for me to climb. 






And it led to another slide!




I even enjoyed scaling the other rock wall that didn't lead to a  slide.  
This one just led straight up and made me taller than my mom.
And she's tall!
We ended our time at the park with me cooling down on the swing.  Do you see how red and sweaty I am?  It wasn't even 8:30 yet!  What a hot summer!






Then we went home to have fun and splash around in the pool in the backyard.







Bonzai!



And don't forget the splashing!
 I'll tell you what, the water was just fine.
My birthday lunch was El Tapatio, a great local Mexican restaurant.  I had my favorite:  a cheese quesadilla, rice, and my dad's tomato.


When we got home I was surprised with these crazy cookie monsters for my cake!



Candles were lit.






Candles were blown out.



And a birthday wish was made.








"I WISH TO EAT YOU!"



But I couldn't decide which one I wanted to eat.



I decided on one,



then quickly changed my mind to the other.
I was eating them so awkwardly that Dad had to show me how to do it.

You'll notice I ate the eyes off of my yellow monster.  I did that in the style of the photos above.



Dad knows what he's talking about when it comes to eating cookies.

Delicious!


I cleaned the icing off my fingers,



got my face cleaned up,
and was back at the train table.
What a great birthday with my folks.  All this, and I hadn't even had an afternoon nap yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment