When dad was growing up, there was this girl who talked about how she wished it were Sunday, because that was her fun day. It was also her don't have to run day; but then she didn't know us and how much running we do for our fun.This morning we woke up and started getting ready to leave right away. That's not our typical Sunday behavior. I was looking forward to curling up in bed with my parents while they tried to sleep in past six thirty. Usually Sunday is Dad's egg-stravaganza breakfast day. Plus, I don't have to get out of my jammies!
But today was different. We started getting ready to leave and were heading out the door just after 8:00. We were headed to the Oklahoma Railway Museum for a Day Out with Thomas! And I've got to tell you, I was really excited. I was also relieved. Last night Mom told me about our Day Out, but her accident is strong, and I couldn't figure out why Dad was driving her for a "Date with Thomas."
We got there an hour early, just like we were supposed to. I did take a short nap on the way. What can I say, my parents have boring conversations and I wanted to save all my energy.
When we got there the first thing I saw was the real-life, giant, Thomas.
There was a whole area set-up with Thomas train tables to play with while waiting to go and ride the real Thomas.
There were even pages to color!
There was even a tattoo booth!
I picked out the one I wanted...
I was brave.
And I got James on my hand!
(In the Czech Republic, there is no name "James," so this character goes by "Kuba" on the show.)
I even went back to get Thomas on my other hand.
Now I'm just like Daddy!
I met Sir Topham Hatt in between getting my ink done (tattoos).
We even went inside some of the trains that are part of the museum.
Inside the car were a bunch of models of trains.
But you couldn't even touch these!
Finally it was time to get on the train! We loaded, "All aboard!" And got on and found a seat. We were in the Oklahoman car which was decorated with photographs of famous Oklahomans, or athletes.
I was a very good passenger. I watched out the window as things passed us by.
I even made sure to listen carefully to everything that was said over the intercom by the conductor.
"Push Thomas, push!"
I even got a certificate making me an official Jr. Engineer.
Afterwards we departed for a few quick and final photos with Thomas.
Obviously the real last stop at the end of this line was the Gift Shop. There were tons of things that interested me, but I did a good job and didn't grab anything. But Dad found the perfect train cars to add to my collection. It was a hippo and a lion! The hippo's mouth opens and closes as it moves, and the lion's car really roars whenever you open or shut the doors! I was so excited that I had Dad rip it open right then and there so I could plop down and play with it.
Now enjoy some short videos that were filmed while riding the train. You'll have to excuse the technical difficulties that were encountered while filming on location.
All this and we hadn't even had lunch yet!
After we said our good-byes we headed north to Edmond for a quick bite to eat before going to a pumpkin patch just east of Arcadia, the Parkhurst Pumpkin Patch.
This wasn't my first pumpkin patch, but this one was definitely awesome.
There was even a scare crow made out of pumpkins!
I got to pet a donkey,
a sheep,
and tried to feed two little pigs.
I even rode a pony!
I only got scared once. This goat tried to hop up on our swing and take the animal feed from us. But Dad was quick to get it fed and away from me. Even I got to feed it!
After all the animals I took a rest in a swinging hammock chair.
Before grabbing a wagon and taking off to find some pumpkins.
Of course, I had to stop and slide from hay bales first.
Mom tried to get me to pose for pictures...
...but I had seen something else that caught my eye.
Tire swing!
And then back to the pumpkins.
Even with all the large ones next to them, I still prefer the little ones.
They're easier for me to carry and handle. I've got two here, do you think I could do that with the large ones?
I didn't even bother to fight sleeping in the car. I was exhausted! As busy as this day had been, it was only an hour past my nap time. Dad took a scenic route home down historic 66 to 177. Even Mom thought it was pretty; it was also a nice change of pace from I-35.
So, like I said, my fun days are days I've got to run because I've got so much to do. Now I'm looking forward to Monday because that will be my day I don't have to run. As for my parents, it may be a little manic.
Enjoy this short video of me on the pony. You'll have to forgive the sound of the camera taking still-photography while simultaneously videotaping me. Multitasking? Yeah right. More like being too lazy to take the time to do two things separately. First the sideways videos from the train, now this. I tell you, it's so hard to find good help these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment