Halloween started the Tuesday before the real Halloween. That's when downtown Stillwater hosted their own small, Halloween festival.
This year I was Batman.
Last year I was Superman.
The year before that I was a tiger.
Apparently Dad has won the costume decision the past two years.
Here I am practicing my Batman scowl.
I'm like an old Chevy!
Look at those fins!
Here is Dad helping Batman with his Bat-laces on his Bat-shoes
(Batman wears Nikes and these actually have Velcro).
Beware evil doers!
Now give me some candy!
(No, you're not seeing things. That is my Thomas t-shirt coming through my high-quality costume.)
Neither Jack's mom Amanda nor my mom figured out how Dad managed to time this just right to be in these photos.
We surveyed the scene.
We scoped things out to see and do.
We froze in our tracks when we saw the entire street was shut down for this shindig.
And then returned to tell everyone about it.
When we went and explored, I got a sucker.
That's right.
I.
Got.
A.
Sucker.
Yummy!
We ate candy on the corner.
And jumped on the inflatables in the middle of the street.
It was crowded but worth it. I ripped my costume off and jumped for half-an-hour and would have continued if it weren't for the promise of more free suckers.
It wasn't all candy.
There were also fun and games.
There was no crime, so Batman was able to take a few putts on the green.
Batman's handicap?
Cheating.
That's right. Picking the ball up and dropping it right there in the hole.
The reward...
Do you see that container of suckers?!?
I also dug for prizes (not candy). I found poker chips with numbers on them...
...which were then traded for that many pieces of candy.
I also tossed stuff.
I can't really remember what this station was, but look at that concentration.
And Jack's doing a great job of waiting patiently for his turn. It's important to acknowledge these things to build good foundations in behavior.
We even recognized a store that our moms take us shopping at.
But we couldn't get into the store.
Where'd Jack go?
Peek-a-Boo!
That looks like fun!
Can I try too?
Eventually I did start to get tired and needed to take a popcorn break.
Quick! Family photo!
Yes.
The end.
Even though Dad's birthday was on Monday we celebrated it on Sunday with this amazing cookie cake.
Monday night really was Halloween night and we were right back at it.
Only this time we were Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood.
We went to Jack's neighbors...
...and then ran away!
(We're two. We really don't "get" Trick-or-Treating.)
Besides going to strangers' houses and taking candy from strangers, we also played in the street.
In case you're wondering, no, we didn't find anything in there.
I, Batman, declare this night a success!
Now take me home Daddy!
This is what happens when the stroller gets weighted down with candy and can no longer hold the toddler.
At home Mom and Dad took turns passing candy out with me to all the Trick-or-Treaters we got at our house.
We had a lot of kids.
How'd we supply them all with candy?
My parents went through my supply, took out what they wanted, and redistributed the rest.
Halloween was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment